Sage 50 to QuickBooks
We offer an industry-standard migration service to convert your Sage 50 data file to QuickBooks Enterprise, Pro, Premier, Accountant, Mac, or QuickBooks Online. This is a full service Sage 50 data integration with all lists and transactional history.
- All lists converted
- All historical transactions converted
- All financial reports match source data 100%
- Full encrypted transfers
- 20 years of experience
- 3000+ migrations completed
- Full service conversion
- Quick Turnaround
Sage 50 Conversion Specifications
We convert your Sage 50 data file to QuickBooks with engineering precision. Below are the specifications of the conversion:
Organization detail & financial settings
Chart of Accounts
Exactly as in Sage 50 with opening balances
Items & Inventory
Exactly Sage 50 with quantities
All Sage 50 lists including Customers, Vendors, Employees and other Names
Full transaction history conversion from Sage 50 to QuickBooks
Payroll data is converted as Journal Entries
Trial Balances and Aging Reports reconciled to the source data file
Post conversion checklist document
What is Converted?
The following is converted from Sage 50 to QuickBooks:
- Chart of Accounts
- Customer list
- Vendor List
- Jobs List
- Employee List
- Service Items
- Inventory Items
- Non-Inventory Items
- Assembly Builds Items
- Customer Payments
- Credit Memo
- Sales Receipts
- Vendor Credits
- Vendor Payments
- Journal Entries
- Item Receipts
- Inventory Adjustments
- Liability Adjustments
- Paychecks (as Journal Entries)
- Payroll Liability Checks
- Sales Tax Payments
- Sales Orders
- Purchase Orders
All editions of Sage 50 can be converted to QuickBooks.
How many fiscal years of data are converted?
Canadian Data files:
The last 2 fiscal years of data are converted by default. If you need additional years converted, you will need to let us know how many fiscal years of data you want to convert. Projects are not converted by default because QuickBooks does not support projects. Projects can be converted to classes but you need to request this customization.
What is not converted from Sage 50?
We only currently convert core accounting data from Sage 50, the following data types are not converted:
- Invoices and Bills are converted as native QuickBooks transactions. All other transactions are converted as Journal Entries.
- Departments are not converted. Departments can be converted as classes but this customization need to be requested prior to the conversion.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Paychecks are converted as Journal Entries
- Employee YTD information
- Individual employee wage or deduction information
- Sage 50 Canada Custom templates
- GST returns for earlier periods may need to be marked as “filed” in QuickBooks, to make sure that old transactions do not appear in the next GST report. You should check the first GST return you produce in QuickBooks carefully, to ensure that the numbers are as you would expect.
- Recurring transactions are not converted. You will need to memorize recurring transactions after the conversion.
- A/R and A/P credits need to be manually applied for historical transactions: Since the transactions downloaded into QuickBooks did not link the bills/invoices with their respective payments, you may notice names that have zero balances in your A/R and A/P aging reports. You can easily link A/P credits/payments to your open invoices by turning on the ‘Automatically use credits’ preferences in Edit->Preferences->Bills and click on “Automatically use credits” on the Company preferences tab.